Friday, May 11, 2007

Which Role Will I Take On?

After taking this course there are several things that I have definately become more aware of in my everyday life. The role that I choose to take on is one of change. There's a quote that I once read that said: be the change you want to see in the world. I feel as though that this quote says alot to someone. After taking this cluster, I have realized that in our daily lives we can do something different, make some sort of change that is going to have an overall impact on the way our society works. Everyone knows that our society can be a cruel cruel place but by making these changes, even if they are small, things can slowly begin to change for the better. There is so much more that I need to learn myself about the world. But I realize now that you need to be more tolerant of people and their differences. Everyone has an opinion. Everyone has a voice and people should be able to use that voice for the better. I never really thought much into the "pictures in our heads" before this class. Now I feel strongly and I am definately more aware of those "pictures" that I have in my head. I realize now that I am in both the dominant and subordinate groups of society. I feel as though now that I havent taken this class I will start to stand up for some of those issues that have been discussed in class. I will now be able to give my opinion with confidence behind it. So like I said earlier, you are the change that needs to happen in your life. If you're not willing to change then how is anyone else supposed to.

1 comment:

B. Weaver said...

I'll have to pass your entry here on to Dr. T. Thank you for your contributions to the cluster!!!